So, things were a little different when we went to build the girls pen. We had a little bit of money so we were able to find material that would work well because, well goats can be very rough on their pens.
What we found to use for their pen was old pool fencing. The guy down the road from us had all of this on hand and we were able to purchase it for I believe around $100 for all the pieces. The hubby started at the end of Huckleberry’s pen and ran around the yard as much as he could to give them the bigger area. We wanted a decent amount of space because even though we only had 2 girls right now, we knew they were pregnant so there would be more.
We got the door with it and that’s what we use to get in the pen and to let the girls out. I love that was something so easy to integrate since the door was already in one of the purchased panels.
So with a little welding and planting some poles in the ground to help sturdy the pen, we have a fairly strong pen for the girls that they haven’t been able to get out of yet. He wired the bars to the poles he put in the ground around the pen. It took him about 2 days to get this one up. He did this one entirely by himself so that’s why it took a little longer to get together.
So far, the girls are well contained at night and the bars are pretty high, 7 foot I believe so I hope it’s not likely that something will get in to them in the middle of the night.
Have a great day!